Friday, June 27, 2008

More WGA Shenanigans

Okay, is the WGA (Writers Guild of America) about money or art. They really can't have it both ways.

After all that strike business about wanting more money and guaranteed payment for every piece of crap (as well as wonderful work) they turn out, now they complain that product placements are ruining their "art" and want an on-screen crawler to disclose whenever they are "forced" to insert a brand into their script.

Please!

I blogged about this here, so I won't repeat myself, but for goodness sakes! There are much more creative options to this problem then a little note that says, "They made me do this." If you really stood for artistic integrity, you could maybe...I don't know...quit! Or embrace it as the means-to-a-paycheck that it is and just do something interesting with the problem. Jerry had his Snapple, after all.

Bob

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home